users@glassfish.java.net

TOPLINK-4002 SqlException: Table 'SEQUENCE' does not exist

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:04:05 PDT

Hello,

I have an Exception while persisting an entity.

I created an enterprise application with an entity and beans to access the EntityManager.
Deployment, creation of the database and reading from the empty database is successfull but persisting throws the Exception:

Exception [TOPLINK-4002] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2006.8 (Build 060830)): oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: Table 'SEQUENCE' does not exist.Error Code: -1
Call:UPDATE SEQUENCE SET SEQ_COUNT = SEQ_COUNT + ? WHERE SEQ_NAME = ?
        bind => [50, SEQ_GEN]
Query:DataModifyQuery()
        at oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.DatabaseException.sqlException(DatabaseException.java:303)
        at oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.basicExecuteCall(DatabaseAccessor.java:551)

I had a look at the database and the table SEQUENCE exists with the column SEQ_COUNT and the primary key SEQ_NAME.
I am grateful to everybody for helping me, cause I have no idea what to do.
[Message sent by forum member 'loopdruid' (loopdruid)]