users@glassfish.java.net

Re: ConfigException with Java Web Start client (B38)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:31:04 PDT

Hi all,

I was having the same NPE problem which seemed to be to do with the CORBA ORB not having the delegate assigned, causing the lookupRemote30BusinessObject function or something down the line NPE.

Anyway, after very thorough investigation I found the problem. For testing I had dumped my EJB libraries in the glassfish/lib dir while the app libraries themselves were all in the servlet's web-inf/lib directory! Clearly the classloader or something in the CORBA environment was throwing its toys out of the pram when trying to find the class that the JNDI object refers to.

Just thought I'd share it, in case someone else had the problem. No one else seems to have found that particular problem. I won't file it as a bug as I'm not sure that it is, but here's the stack trace anyway:

cheers,
Matt

--
Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: ejb ref resolution error for remote business interfacecom.somecompany.someproject.ejb.LoggerRemote [Root exception is java.lang.NullPointerException]
	at com.sun.ejb.EJBUtils.lookupRemote30BusinessObject(EJBUtils.java:354)