users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with webstart client when one node in cluster is down

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 17:38:50 PDT

The second half of my post got cut off:

For all my tests the client is initially stopped and I try to run it once the desired cluster state has been reached. I have not been testing what happens to the client when nodes go up and down while it is running. Because of this the clients should always be using the static list to bootstrap.

There seem to be 2 issues here:
1. The client bootstrap doesn't seem to try anything but the first item in the list. If this item fails it tries it over and over again in a tight loop but never tries any of the other items.
2. The state of the cluster seems to be broken after a node goes down and up such that the client only sees the node that it bootstraps with.
[Message sent by forum member 'sarnoth' (sarnoth)]