users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA missing hibernate's "delete-orhpan" cascading type

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:25:46 PDT

Hallo Marina.

You are right, EntityManager.remove() is correct :-).

> and yes, there are no rules in the current spec about removing entities ...

I knew this. That's terrible situation. I am trying to understand WHY EntityManager.merge() specification ignores removing entities. At first glance it is absolute nonsense, so i looked second and third time. Still looks as nonsense ... probably i overlooked something.

Please could You tell me:
1. why merge() does not provide the functionality?
2. i want use JPA and want modify a detached entity. Does JPA calculate with such use case?
3. what programming model should i use?

many thanks, martin
[Message sent by forum member 'mstanik' (mstanik)]