users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Static Content in Glassfish

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:22:34 -0700

Hi Stephan,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote On 04/17/07 11:57 AM,:

>Hello Jan,
>
>thank you for fixing this.
>
>Could you also tell me what the actual syntax is inside the domain.xml file and how to enter it in the Admin GUI?

The syntax is the same for domain.xml (for alternate docbases of virtual
servers) and sun-web.xml
(for alternate docbases of webapps).

Basically, an "alternatedocroot_x" property value has 2 components: a
"from=" component,
which specifies a URL pattern, and a "dir=" component, which specifies
the alternate docbase path.

Both components, which must be separated by one or more spaces, may
appear in any order
(i.e., "from=" followed by "dir=", or "dir=" followed by "from=").

See

  http://blogs.sun.com/jluehe/entry/new_support_for_virtual_directory
  http://blogs.sun.com/jluehe/entry/alternate_docroots_in_web_applications

for additional details.