users@glassfish.java.net

Re: javax.persistence.PersistenceException:

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:07:56 PDT

The problem seem to be actually caused by the presence of the following line that instantiates the "foosPayees" collection in my Person.java class.

public class Person extends Claimant {
  private Collection<Payee> foosPayees = new ArrayList<Payee>();

because the error message reads :

org.hibernate.MappingException: Could not determine type for: java.util.Collection, for columns: [org.hibernate.mapping.Column([b]foosPayees[/b])]

when I comment it out ,the error vanishes and my ear file deploys.
I realized that my superclass , Claimant also declared another reference to a Collection<Payee> .Newing the Collection in the superclass fixed the problem.
[Message sent by forum member 'jeffmutonho' (jeffmutonho)]