users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't get JDBCRealm to work with MySQL

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:31:19 PDT

swchan2:

I can't verify right now because my dev environment is not working and I can't disrupt the server at the moment, but I'm almost certain that I had this set up correctly. I successfully wrote the admin contact to the database -- verified via phpMyAdmin.

May I ask you:

1. What character set did you use for the table that contains the hashed password?

2. Can you please post the Java code you used to encode the password, and the <auth-realm> element used to define your JDBCRealm? I'd love to compare with my code to see if there's any substantive difference.

Thanks,

Rick
[Message sent by forum member 'rickhoro' (rickhoro)]