users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Static Content in Glassfish

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:02:22 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote On 04/12/07 01:01 PM,:

>With this explanation I was also get alternatedocroot working, thanks.
>
>I'm currently experimenting with Glassfish on Windows, and I am wondering what the syntax would be for pathnames that have blanks embedded. I tried this:
>
>from=/docs2/* dir="C:/doc root"
>
>which turns out in the domain xml as
>
><property name="alternatedocroot_2" value="from=/docs2/* dir=&quot;C:/doc root&quot;"/>
>
>and this:
>
>from=/docs2/* dir=\"C:/doc root\"
>
>which turns out in domain.xml as
>
><property name="alternatedocroot_2" value="from=/docs2/* dir=\&quot;C:/doc root\&quot;"/>
>
>What is the trick to quote blanks in pathnames, or isn't it possible to have them?

Thanks for reporting this issue!

I just improved the algorithm that parses the url pattern and docbase
components from an alternatedocroot_ property. Spaces are now allowed
in the docbase component without requiring any special provisions or tricks.

Fix will be available in tonight's V2 build (from the trunk).

Let me know if you still run into any issues.

Thanks!

Jan