users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Why does JAAS authorization propagate only partially?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 13:01:16 PDT

> > Is there anything to configure to mkae the custom
> principal
> > propagate?
>
> Let me know please if this issue is different from
> the one with the
> title "Why does not my ProgrammaticLogin propagate to
> EJB?"

Yes, it is different. In the other post I had problems with group to role mapping.
Here, what I was trying to do, is make a Principal of class, say, MyPrincipal, and expect this
 class'es instance to be a result of getCallerPrincipal() in EJB.

The result was that in my custom module I created and added to Subject a principal
MyPrincipal, and getCallerPrincipal() return glassfish default PrincipalImpl, with only the same name.

Why did I try to do that? Because I was migrating from JBoss, where getCallerPrincipal would
return MyPrincipal. I found a workaround, or maybe a totally different way of passing extra data.

Thanks,
Edek
[Message sent by forum member 'edek234' (edek234)]