users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problems starting glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:11:25 PDT

Hi, again, Tony.

The only copies of the schemas and DTDs should be in the lib/schemas and lib/dtds directories, respectively. GlassFish does not copy them into the config directory.

My suspicion is that the Xerces default handler is using the current runtime default directory to search for the schema, and although I'm not positive I think the server runs with the config directory as the current default. I think that's why the FileNotFound exception refers to the config directory.

The classpath for the app server can be influenced by changes to the domain.xml contents to add a prefix or suffix to the normal classpath in the java-config element. If you didn't make such a change yourself then that's probably not what's responsible.

The other places to look (as specified by the <jvm-options>-Djava.ext.dirs=xxx</jvm-options> in the domain.xml file:

${java-jdk-dir}/lib/ext
${java-jdk-dir}/jre/lib/ext
${install-dir}/domains/domain1/lib/ext
${install-dir}/javadb/lib

An easier way is to look in the log file for the line written during server start-up that announces the settings for

-Djava.ext.dirs

and check the list of directories shown there.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]