users@glassfish.java.net

Re: SJAS 9.1 beta, WebStart does not work

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:26:33 PDT

I assume you are using a beta 1 build, such as 33e.

The lines of code described in the server-side log do not exist in the current source and have not since 29 January. CVS reports that the older version of the source was used in builds up through build 33e.

Can you try build 41a,

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v2-b41a.html
Build 41a 04-April-07 (V2 Beta 2 build candidate 2)

which contains the updated source and should not have that problem?

I suspect that your use of Java SE 6u1 is contributing to the problem as well. The older source contained some temporary dependencies on internal Java SE classes that we removed in the current source of ASJarSigner. It would not surprise me if Java SE 6 or 6u1 changed some of those compared to Java SE 5, which is why we were glad to be rid of the dependencies.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]