users@glassfish.java.net

persist entities across different databases

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 18:26:51 PDT

Hello

sorry in advance to sound stupid to the JPA gurus with this question.
Can we use two different databases to persist entity relationships, (see http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=42471 ) ?

We would like to use one database where are stored reference or common datas (with their entity peers defined in a ejb module) which will be used across several applications and one database with data for a specific application (and their associated entities) . But I am wondering how to the tell the persistence engine that one entity refers to another which is persisted in another database (where the entities will managed by different persistence units).
Any idea on this one ?

thanks in advance

yves
[Message sent by forum member 'ygillet' (ygillet)]