users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Surprising JPA (Toplink) Behaviour (glassfish v1 UR1)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:35:49 PDT

I have finally resolved my stale data issue. You asked the question that pointed me in the
right direction (thank you for that):

[i]Now back to your stale data issue - is it a field data or a relationship reference?[/i]

Indeed, the code in our JSF pages was written assuming that the JPA layer would take care
of relationships automagically, and we've gone back and corrected that mistake. No more
stale data issues.

The whole business about the EMs and EMFs was good to discover & correct also,
but was not related to the symptom that I wanted to correct.

Thank you all for your help.
[Message sent by forum member 'pohl' (pohl)]