users@glassfish.java.net

[beginner] architecture and performance

From: #Cyrille37# <cyrille37_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:14:19 +0200

Hello,

I'm beginner in the Java Wep Application World. I'm learning this large
world for few months in preparation of a future project.
My question of the day is about distributing tasks between applications
and computers.

The future app will get a Web layer and a Business layer on differents
computers. It will need load balancing and fail over feature.
When thinking about performance and scalability I've got the idea to
give to Tomcat5+Spring+Tapestry the webLayer and to GlassfishV2 the
business layer with ejb3/rmi and webservice access.
Do you think it is not necessary to use Tomcat and it will be enough to
use Glassfish every where ? Because of it's performant embed web server ?

Sure that I miss precision, but this shows my lack of knowledge ;-)

Thanks for completing my lacks.
Regards,
cyrille