users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish (Sun App Server) usage in the DoD

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:34:12 PST

Is anyone aware of US DoD usage of recent releases of Sun Application Server, in particular the recent Glassfish builds?

I would like my team which is doing consulting work for the Air Force to feel empowered to use Glassfish -- it's an R&D effort. The recent tooling/automation support with Netbeans and the Netbeans Enterprise Pack seems quite stable and useful to me.

But my direct government contacts tell me that they (and the DoD in general) are only interested in Websphere and WebLogic and to a lesser extent Microsoft products. And so my team's management wants us to only consider the main commercial offerors.

Can anyone speak to positive government project usage experiences with Glassfish?

Jim
[Message sent by forum member 'jjsban' (jjsban)]