users@glassfish.java.net

Sun Glassfish architecture

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:23:53 PST

Hi,

During my debuging work. I find out that EE 5 is an encapsulation of J2EE (applicationserver).

I am wondering why the TCP port for socket communication are opened before the service (12 services) intitialization.

do you use injection to match the port number and the service (the code instruction).

I find out that the ServerContextImpl fonction in PAMain.class start all the TCP port.

then services are started up using the onstarup method from ApplicationServer.class.

It look like i got some missing informaition to make it run in Debug.

Why if i run he code in my cmd console using a *.bat file i do not have problem with the com.sun.enterprose.security.SSLutils. But when i use the debug it seams like the system.out is used (very unix attitude by the way).

Would it be possible to get some information about the redirection of the system.out to the debugger and not to the server.log file(that would be vey usefull for all).

I got one last question concerning glassfish fondation. The glassfich server run into a JVM instance(process). Are the services , start as thread inside the JVM ?

So it is possible to be connected to one service inside one debug instance of the IDE. if the service are related with port number :)

thank for time you will use to answering.
[Message sent by forum member 'hterrolle' (hterrolle)]