users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with <fmt:formatDate>

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 11:49:20 PST

FWIW, I was able to work around the issue by extracting the fmt.tld file from appserv-jstl.jar and placing it under the WEB-INF directory of my war file, then modifying web.xml and adding the following tags:

[code]
<jsp-config>
  <taglib>
   <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt</taglib-uri>
   <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/fmt.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
 </jsp-config>
[/code]

Now Glassfish finds the tld and it works properly.

I had been using core JSTL tags without having to add these tags to my web.xml, therefore I assume it shouldn't be necessary for the format tags either.
[Message sent by forum member 'eraser' (eraser)]