users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish installation problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:40:25 PST

I think I found what might be the problem. At least I got past the failure mentioned.

Look in your environment variables under the Path variable for USER
(Environment Variables in Advanced Tab in Settings/System)

I found that somehow my path had gotten an entry that looked something like...

....C:/Sun|SDK/bin.....

When I replaced the '|' character with a '/' character as it should be, the installation ran to completion. I don't know how this "typo" got in the path variables, but I suspect some installation script did it along the way.
[Message sent by forum member 'rbagdaz' (rbagdaz)]