users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA: how to configure default sequencer?

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:17:36 -0700

AFAIK it's always falls back into the table-based identity generation. I tried
to find any docs about that, but couldn't. Do I googled for "site:java.net
GenerationType.AUTO table" and one of the 1st items came up this blog:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/bleonard/archive/2006/12/need_a_primary.html
that under #5 shows that TopLink indeed generates table named "SEQUENCE".
There are plenty of other forums and blogs that you can look at ;).

thanks,
-marina