users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA: how to configure default sequencer?

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:59:57 +0100

2007/3/22, Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_sun.com>:
> [...]
> Bad news: the spec allows (unfortunately IMHO) to treat GenerationType.AUTO in
> any way a provider wants and TopLink Essentials uses table-based generation for
> this setting.

Well, you were right, TopLink does use table-based generation, but now
I do not understand why both table-based generation and sequence-based
generation alter something called "sequence" in the database... I can
see that sequence in Oracle's object browser, but there is a table
called "SEQUENCE" as well, I am confused :/

Or maybe this is only in Oracle, that table-based identity generation
(whatever does "table-based" means) use sequence anyway...