users@glassfish.java.net

Injecting TimerService wreaks havoc with EntityManager

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 06:48:36 PST

I am building an EJB3 app. where I was going to use timers. I have found that just injecting the TimerService (through @Resource) causes my entity persistence to go...well...crazy!? It seems after the injection of TimerService the first call to a bean that persists objects will operate correctly. Any subsequent calls to the same bean will create objects properly, persist will succeed but the objects never make it to the database. To fix the problem all I have to do is comment out the line that injects TimerService. I assume this has to be a configuration/usage issue or simply a bug. Does anybody have any more information on this?
[Message sent by forum member 'kdubb' (kdubb)]