users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Autodeploying multiple times causes OutOfMemoryError in PermGen

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:13:59 PST

Hi, again, Cameron.

I did take a look at the stack traces...a quick one. I think all the JARs are from tcms-app. Is that the app that was successfully undeployed? I'm a little skeptical because some of the streams were opened by an EJBClassLoader, and during undeployment EJBClassLoader tends to be very well behaved about closing up its streams. It's almost as if the tcms-app is still deployed.

If tcms-app is not the one that has the locking problem, then be sure to use the -filter argument to the tool to limit the JAR file monitoring to the JARs in the app of interest.

Just to confirm: the steps should be:

1. Undeploy the app.
2. Restart the server.
3. Start the tool, specifying -filter filter-value where filter-value is a string that will match the app of interest but no other apps or JARs.
4. Deploy the app.
5. Undeploy the app.
6. Use the tool's show command.

Apologies for boring you if this is exactly what you did. I just want to be sure.

Are you using the download of GF V2 build 38 at this point?

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]