users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Failed deploy - NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/enterprise/server/PELaunch

From: kedar <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:25:07 -0800

Hmmm. Glad to know it helped.

Can you file a bug for the first case, by carefully describing the
problem? We will need to find the culprit.

For the second case (Oracle datasource), did you add the trailing
character ';' as well?

Actually, I think you should not be made to add the ';' or ':', or any
system specific character out there. There is a logic in admin console
implementation, wherein it will try to replace ';' or ':' with a token:
"${path.separator}", which might work, but has issues. So, really speaking,
admin console should provide a UI to only accept the path-elements for
the path-like settings (e.g. classpath, library-path etc.). Can you also
file
a request for enhancement in this regard?

Thanks,
Kedar