users@glassfish.java.net

Howto: create a SessionBean client without using NetBeans

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 07:48:16 PST

Hi

I need to port an existing application from J2EE1.3 to Glassfish. The application is built without using NetBeans, and I can't impose to other developers to use NetBeans.
We are using our own ant scripts.
The application is made of a few SessionBeans and MDBs, with WebServices to wrap the SessionBeans.

I would like to know how I should proceed to create a J2EE Module containing a SessionBean, and then create an application client that invokes that SessionBean's method.
I could already create and package and deploy the SessionBean to GlassFish. But I've no clue about how to create the client.
I tried to invoke my SB from another application already running on the Server, but it first complained about missing classes for my SB class and interface. So I did a get-client-stubs and copied the jar file to the lib directory of the domain, but it still did not work.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Jean-Noel Colin
[Message sent by forum member 'jncolin' (jncolin)]