users@glassfish.java.net

Catch generic DatabaseException

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 05:19:32 PST

Hi, in my application i am trying to persist an object in the database which has a foreign key relationship with another table. Unfortunately the foreign key record is being deleted by an outside application (through a cascade relationship) which causes the persist to fail with a DatabaseException (with the underlying SQLException).

My problem is that although i can catch the exception, it is still logged. Is this the expected behaviour, in which case it seems wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'jsl123' (jsl123)]