users@glassfish.java.net

problem with creating key pair to use in SSL communication

From: legolas <legolas.w_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:31:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi
thank you for reading my post.
I have some problems in creating and using keyparis for a secure
communication between Glassfish and a web service client.

Problem is that :

when i use a copy of glassfish keystore.jks as client keystore, my
application works fine.
but when i add a new certificate to glassfish keystore.jks and create a new
keystore with my newely created key it does not works and return an
exception like:

[code]
javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException: modeler error: failed to parse document at
"https://server:8181/ws_ssl_del/HelloServletService?wsdl":
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target
        at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.dii.ConfiguredService.<init>(ConfiguredService.java:64)
        at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.dii.ConfiguredService.<init>(ConfiguredService.java:48)
        at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.ServiceFactoryImpl.createService(ServiceFactoryImpl.java:41)
        at wstester.Tester.main(Tester.java:46)

[/code]

As i said when i use
 -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=path/to/glassfish/key/store
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=adminadmin

my client works fine. but when i create, insert a new key to glassfish
keystore.jks and use:

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=path/to/my/key/store/with/the/above/key/inside/it
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=adminadmin

it return the above exception.