users@glassfish.java.net

Help writing glassfish web/app ??

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:29:42 PST

Is there a idiots page for getting started in the wiki?

I know unix (solaris/fedora) and would like to use glassfish to start an intranet application.....open license wa

I'm looking for links to the idiots guide "3 hours" to authenticating users. The user info will sit in postgresql on solaris sparc. If there is no such guide I'd like to start one.

Any links discussing the following would be much appreciated!

1. Does your solaris platform has the required packages
    pkginfo | egrep "pkg|pkg|pkg...bla blah"

2. example application:
http requests are redirected to https and sne to login page page. The user details are securely authenticated and each user sessionID is assigned a "security level" .... based on their id/level they're allowed access to (urls, database tables what ever).

If possible, a glassfish/solaris only example, otherwise solaris/glassfish/tomcat...will be using postgresql as the backend

So if anybody knows a link that explains the above....would be much apprecited.

It's a generic base for building any intranet/internet application. I started building my application in mod_perl/apache but that perl syntax just does my &&&%$ head in. I have a ksh/C background.
[Message sent by forum member 'bruceuk' (bruceuk)]