users@glassfish.java.net

Servlet not getting POST data?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 09:02:12 PST

Sorry, I have a few questions queued up but haven't been able to post them until now (and I've queried google and the forum to no avail :-( Sorry.

I have a very simple Web app on Glassfish 2 on Solaris 9. Web app is deployed to /mywebapp and is set to the virtual server's default context for /.

The Web app consists of one JSP and one servlet. The JSP has a form that submits (via POST) to the servlet. In the form, the JSP always sends a certain form value. When the Servlet receives the POST, it looks for the value. If the value is there, it knows that the request is coming from a form and starts processing the form. Since we moved to Glassfish 2, at random, the Servlet cannot find the POST data. At other times, the Servlet WILL find the POST data. Seems like the POST data sometimes is not presented to the Servlet. Could this have something to do with the settings for the virtual server's default context?

Do you have suggestions where I might look. This is a random problem, so I don't think it is specific to settings I might have in my Web application code.

dailysun
[Message sent by forum member 'dailysun' (dailysun)]