users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Has anyone integrated Glassfish with Oracle Advanced Queuing?

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 14:22:37 +0530

> I guess I need what to look for from the Oracle docs that is then plugged in
> to the GRA.

Yes, Oracle documentation on AQ's JMS interfaces might help. This [1] might be
useful here.

You could start by finding out the Oracle Connection Factory and Destination
implementation classes and then see if the JavaBean mode of integration in
Generic RA helps. If not, we would need to see if we could use the JNDI mode of
integration.

However, as others have found out [2], it might not be straightforward create
connection factories with AQ.

So we might need to figure out how to use Oracle AQ with Generic RA in a generic
manner. Could you copy the users_at_genericjmsra.dev.java.net or
dev_at_genericjmsra.dev.java.net during this exercise?

Thanks
--Siva.
[1]
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96587/qprogenv.htm#62580