users@glassfish.java.net

Re: IIOP calls not scaling well

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:36:41 PST

We have added a lot of optimization work in the IIOP path since AS 9.0 update 1.
The ORB currently shows about 70% higher throughput for trivial requests than in AS 9.
There was also a serious bug in the marshaling of value types that really slowed things
down in the app server (but not in standalone tests).

Could you repeat this test on GlassFish b36 or later? All of the ORB optimizations are
available starting in that build, and this is what we need to look at first. All of the
ORB optimizations are currently planned to be available first in AS 9.1 FCS which is
also GlassFish v2 FCS.
[Message sent by forum member 'kcavanaugh' (kcavanaugh)]