users@glassfish.java.net

Problem using Toplink in JWS application

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 04:27:11 PST

I hope somebody can help me. I have developed an application which uses the Persistence API and it's great.

Everything works normally when I run the application locally. But when I deploy it with WebStart, it hangs for several minutes when I try to create the EntityManagerFactory. I've read through various forums looking for this problem, and I've found some with similar problems, but no solution (yet).

I think the problem has to do with how Toplink is trying to load the persistence.xml file. I'm not 100% sure, but I think what Toplink is trying to do when run through webstart, is that is somehow starts downloading the resources again from the web (although webstart has already downloaded all necessary jars).

I'm sure someone knows what the problem is, please help me !

Thanks,

Gath
[Message sent by forum member 'gath55' (gath55)]