users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish and soar -- is soar still supported?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:24:20 PST

I was reading: http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/appserver/reference/techart/ws_mgmt3.html and got interested in the examples deploying to a web services registry.

Apparently the 1.6 version of the WSDP includes SOAR which is an ebxml compatible registry.

I installed this version and the special version of tomcat required and I can access the registry.

But I can't add a user to the registry, either by importing a thawte free mail certificate, or by creating a certificate on the fly as the documentation tells you to do. I followed the soar documentation to run keytool to generate the certificate for the thawte certificate but the add user process ultimately fails with a "missing field". The create a certifiate on the fly procedure fails with a message to contact registry operator (or some similar message).

I did a fair amount of searching and most of the references to jaxr and soar are pretty old.

WSDP 2.0 no longer comes packaged with the soar application .

I am asking if anyone is using this capability successfully.

If so, what sort of user certificate did you use to add a registry user who is able to add service registrations?

Any hints on setting up a registry capability would be appreciated. I can run either on Mac OS X or if necessary Windows XP.
[Message sent by forum member 'jjsban' (jjsban)]