users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Minimalistic GlassFish V2 Installation possible?

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:13:23 -0500

"But that's not all - the AS team is also working on Glassfish v3, which
will be very interesting, because the AS will become very modular. The
basic engine will start in 1 s (yes, "one second") and then modules will
be loaded dynamically based on the needs of the applications running on
the application server. Thus it will be possible to have a very
lightweight AS supporting basic scripting with very fast startup or to
have a fully featured Java EE application server with the same binary.
And the best news is that preview of Glassfish v3 will be available very
soon - possibly even at the end of February."

http://blogs.sun.com/roumen/entry/glassfish_v1_v2_and_beyond