users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What JMS are you using?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 02:14:46 PST

> Hi,
>
> I am encountering the same problem, then I tried to
> set the Max Number of Active Consumers to Unlimited
> via imqadmin.
> Is this error message accurate or should I use a
> Topic instead ?
> Where is Enterprise Edition of Sun Message Queue 4.0
> ?
Sun Java System Application Server 9.0 Platform Edition came with the Sun Java System Message Queue Platform Edition 4.0. An enterprise edition of MQ 4.0 was not released.

The platform edition of MQ supports only 2 active consumers for a Queue. Topic consumers can be unlimited. Also for the trial 90 day license which will help you get unlimited Queue consumers, please look at Ed Bratt's response above in this thread.

With GlassFish v2 (currently beta candidate build promotions are available), the MQ enterprise license is no more required and you can have unlimited consumers for Queues and Topics.

Thanks
--Siva.
[Message sent by forum member 'sivakumart' (sivakumart)]