users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to use/run JPA in a JSE platform?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:48:25 PST

It is unfortunate that the persistence-example.html page doesn't show persistence.xml. Instead it has a screen shot for NetBeans. So when I went looking around for examples the one I found was apparently out of date with the errors outlined below. I also found references in the forums that persistence.xml should be in the classpath. That's wrong. It has to be in META-INF even if there is no jar file.

The example here is complete but hard to find since there is not a link to the "persistence" page from the glassfish.dev.java.net home page -
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/persistence/entity-persistence-support.html#Java_SE
[Message sent by forum member 'jotobjects' (jotobjects)]