users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to use/run JPA in a JSE platform?

From: ludo <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 02:19:20 -0800

Hi,

Read http://www.netbeans.org/kb/55/persistence-j2se.html ,
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/persistence/
and chapter 24 of http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/
> And if it can, do I also need to develop the program in a JSE platform
yes
> or can I just develop it in JEE platform and let the user run it in a JSE paltform?

then use the entities in your java ee app. If your entities beans are
used in an ejb module, the way you interact with transactions might
change. See
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/ss141213/archive/2006/10/persistence_con.html
for example.
> And if applicable, substitute "JPA" with "GlassFish".

It depends of what you use in GlassFish. Web Services, yes, but session
beans no.