users@glassfish.java.net

At-sign EJB annotation question.

From: Todd Patrick <Todd.Patrick_at_dtn.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:16:40 -0600

Java 6 Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 9.0_01 (build b14) Windows XP (development environment) From the server.log file, it looks like both beans are loaded. **RemoteBusinessJndiName: com.dtn.petro2.petroadmin.bean.customer.CustomerSessionRemote; remoteBusIntf: com.dtn.petro2.petroadmin.bean.customer.CustomerSessionRemote LDR5010: All ejb(s) of [projectlabel] loaded successfully! In my JSF backing bean I have the following At-sign EJB annotation: @EJB private static CustomerSessionRemote customerSessionRemote; When I debug this in Netbeans, the debugger never hits this line if I have a breakpoint set to it and I get a NullPointerException. Since I've set this as a Stateless Session Bean with a Remote business interface, do I need to do more than just use the @EJB annotation to call the remote business interface defined as the following? package com.company.bean.customer; import javax.ejb.Remote; @Remote public interface CustomerSessionRemote { java.util.List<com.dtn.petro2.petro_lib.CustomerDetail> doSearch(String _clientID, String _company, String _customerID, String _devcAddr, String _devcTypeID, String _firstName, String _lastName, String _omSiteID, String _siteID); } Thanks, --Todd ----------------------------------------- NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.