users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JConsole

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:08:45 +0100

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 03:01:59PM +0200, Kenneth Clark wrote:
> OKay here we go. JConsole spat this at me
>
> java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.1.1; nested
> exception is:
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:601)
> at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:198)
> at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:184)
> at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:110)
> at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl_Stub.newClient(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.getConnection(RMIConnector.java:2309)
> at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:277)
> at sun.tools.jconsole.ProxyClient.tryConnect(ProxyClient.java:359)
> at sun.tools.jconsole.ProxyClient.connect(ProxyClient.java:297)
> at sun.tools.jconsole.VMPanel$2.run(VMPanel.java:279)
> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
> at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:366)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:179)
> at
> sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
> at
> sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:128)
> at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:595)
> ... 9 more

This error resembles the error I get when I try to connect to a remote session
bean from another host. I solved "my" error by adding a second IIOP listener
which listens at the "external" ip address of the machine hosting Glassfish and
listening on port 3701 in stead of 3700. Another option for me would be to
modify the IP address that the initial IIOP listener listens to from 0.0.0.0 to
the external ip address of the machine.
I don't know what JConsole tries to connect to, but does it help if you modify
that listener to listen tot he external ip address of the machine rather than
0.0.0.0?

HTH, Wouter van Reeven

--
People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"