users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JConsole

From: sankara rao bhogi <Sankara.Rao_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:20:39 +0530

ken,

I have the same OS configuration and it works for me. Could you please
make sure your jmx connector security is not enabled in the domain.xml.

service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://blr-dhcp-229-92:8686/jmxrmi
<jmx-connector accept-all="false" address="0.0.0.0"
auth-realm-name="admin-realm" enabled="true" name="system" port="8686"
protocol="rmi_jrmp" security-enabled="false"> <!-- security-enabled
should be false -->

I tried both from 'Remote' and 'Advanced' tabs of jconsole.

 From Advanced tab, enter the URL as
"service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://hostname:8686/jmxrmi" , which is also
displayed at the server startup time (replace hostname with your
hostname) and give the username and password.

regards
sankar

--
"The best insurance for tomorrow is the effective use of today.”
-- Why Smart People Do Dumb Things by Dr. Mortimer Feinberg and John