users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JEE5 support in eclipse

From: ludo <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 03:18:59 -0800

Witold Szczerba wrote:
> No, you do nod need EntPack to have nice wizards that help to define
> all kinds of JEE classes like Entities, GUI for creating
> persistence.xml in few mouse clicks or whatever else - this is
> actually included in NetBeans 5.5 core.

You are correct. NetBeans 5.5 or 5.5.1 core has all the bells and
whistles and wizards to support Java EE 5 items like JPA, JSF 1.2,
Struts, JSP source level debugging, Servlets 2.5, EJB 3.0, Web
Services, CRUD generator from JPA, refactoring, annotations and XML
deployment descriptors with XML code completion, validation and
graphical editor, directory based deployment for Web Apps, HTTP
monitor, Java EE 5 Doc in code completion, Derby Java DB drivers ands
sample databases, Java Blueprints Solution Catalog, DB to Entity
wizards, binary J2EE/Java EE 5 archives support, zero configuration
support (i.e automatic update of XML DDs), ...
I am sure I forgot something. Just register a GlassFish runtime (or more
than one, local and or remote),and there you go.
> EntPack is set of plugins to help creating: XML Schema, WSDL, BPEL,
> Secure Web services.
Correct again. This is on top and beyond pure Java EE 5 support.
Ludo