users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dire performace getting initial context from web start app.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:07:25 PST

Hi, Peter.

From the original: [i]Note: I am not using the built in web start client container! it has too many issues, looks like a demo, that was never finished,[/i]

Please make sure that your concerns about Java Web Start support are covered by existing issues, or open more to record what you see as shortcomings. Given the time and people available we implemented what we could and are counting on feedback to help guide efforts to improve the feature.

We'll look forward to the example. Please be sure to let us know what OS and hardware you are using.

Again from the original post: [i]Althought I suspect it will be a waste of time and fall on dead ears.[/i]

Sorry if you feel like you are not listened to. That's not the case. We may not be able to get to things as quickly as you - or we - want us to, but we try very hard not to ignore what the community is saying.

 -Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]