users@glassfish.java.net

ssl and session support

From: <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 08:13:27 +0100

I've googled a bit - and have looked into the SJSAS developer and deployer guides - to see whether Glassfish supports SSL sessions as a means to provide http session handling - as stated in the servlet spec chapter SRV.7.1.2.

But I couldn't find any hint that this would be the case.

So I guess Glassfish does not support this as a third mechanism in addition to using cookies or url rewriting. Is this correct?

But if supported: How can I enable this (_do_ I have to enable this)? And how can I make use of SSL based sessions?

Thx,

Wolfram Rittmeyer