users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish in a shared hosting environment

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 22:58:58 +0100

I was thinking about same thing...

I think that web host provider would have to provide separate
glassfish domain for every customer. As far as I know each domain
lives in its own environment and if one crashes - it can damage only
itself (question to Glassfish developers: is that true?).

The provider could create each domain folder in customer private home
folder, so customers could launch/stop/restart/reconfigure their own
domains using some shell access (asadmin tool) or glassfish admin
web-page or something special developed for that purpose. The real
question is how many domains could be handled by one server and how
many resources (memory/cpu) is required for every single domain
excluding resources taken by deployed applications...