users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Entity auto generated id

From: Kenneth Clark <kenneth_at_rabiddog.co.za>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:21:37 +0200

"

in case that you are using EJB3 you can have your own generator to generate your entity IDs.

"

I am using the EJB. I just need a pointer to docs that describe how to
do this. All the examples have the ID as a Long type. I have a class to
generate the GUID but currently I have to set the ID manually and would
like to tell the AS to assign it. I think I might have a work around,
bit of a hack but it will have to do.

Kenneth Clark
Developer / Analyst

Rabid Dog Laboratories ^(TM)