users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Testing development code for glassfish without deploying it

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:33:47 +0530

Hi Kenneth,

In J2EE environment, you might do lookup to get the datasource.
You can have connection manager that will be used by all application
code to get connections.
Two implementations of connection manager (factory), one talking to
database directly & other (that will be in J2EE environment) using
appserver datasource.
This might help to reduce the changes required in application code when
moving to J2EE environment.

[Again, it means application does not use J2EE /appserver specific
features]

Thanks,
-Jagadish