users@glassfish.java.net

Anyone using Flash with Glassfish? SWF object not being served

From: Romanowski, Tim <tim.romanowski_at_lmco.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:38:03 -0500

I have a JSF RI web application that uses an embedded Flash movie for
some required functionality. In Internet Explorer 6.x, the movie (which
is included as a header composition), the movie works great. In Firefox
1.5 and 2.0, the movie doesn't render. When I look at the Page Info
window in Firefox, I don't see any swf files listed under the "Media"
tab. Flash movies work for my browser in general, just not for this web
application. I'm led to believe that this has something to do with the
MIME type of the page-it is sent as application/xhtml+xml, but the
script that calls the Flash objects are of type text/javascript.

According to [1], this may be due to how I'm sending the MIME type from
the webserver. I don't know that this has anything to do with
Glassfish, but I'm grasping at straws. As the community is fairly
bleeding edge, I'm wondering if anyone has come across this problem, and
whether there are any known issues that might be related to the
application/x-shockwave-flash MIME type and Glassfish. Besides the
server log, is there a good way to debug this with Glassfish?

I have this problem with v2 build 23 and v2 build 26 (haven't tried
others).

[1]
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?event=view&id=KC.tn
_4151&extid=tn_4151&dialogID=815876&iterationID=2&sessionID=4830a96c6e23
7b313046&stateID=0+0+819664&mode=simple

TR