users@glassfish.java.net

Re: FreeBSD Version

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 11:36:16 -0800

Hi Manfred
I appreciate your patience with me here. I have recently taken the
community management role.

I looked into the archives of this mailing list and dev and found the
thread
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=1678

As I understand it, one can build and run GlassFish on FreeBSD but we
dont have a package-based installer as required on FreeBSD. If that's
right, this is a resourcing matter and I would like to explore avenues
including any contributions from you or members of the FreeBSD
community, and from our internal contributors.

While we wait for the package based install, could you contribute a blog
or article or a wiki entry (at www.glassfishwiki.org) that shows steps
to build and deploy on FreeBSD? This will help drive more adoption and
contributions for the FreeBSD platform.

Please do share any other ideas you may have for us to work together to
make this happen.

regards
Shreedhar