users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish EJB2.1 Example available? (glassfish ejb2.1 CMP deployment howto)

From: vince kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 07:44:30 -0700

Hans Prueller wrote:
> Hi together,
>
> I plan to migrate our main application from another j2ee appserver to
> glassfish. As the application
> is rather large, a pre-migration from ejb2.1 to ejb3 is impossible as
> our current appserver does not
> have ejb3 support.
>
> so we plan to migrate to glassfish with ejb2.1 first, if this works
> well migrate from ejb2.1 to ejb3 but
> already running on GlassFish.
>
> I was looking for some examples and also downloaded the glassfish
> examples bunde, but all I
> found were examples regarding J2EE 5 / EJB3. Unfortunately I did not
> find any example/howto
> for deploying ejb2.1 CMP beans to glassfish (where do I have to
> specificy the name of the
> connection pool to be used, where do I have to specify the relatoinal
> mapping, etc)
>
> Is there anything available?

You will get a pretty good idea about CMP support in the GlassFish
project's codebase, by looking at the samples etc. for Sun Java System
Application Server 8.2, Platform Edition.

You may also find some good info in the samples, tutorials, white papers
and blog entries related NetBeans 5.0 (which supports CMP development
and deployment).

vbk