users@glassfish.java.net

Re: AppClient/JWS/Derby/Security problems

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 13:47:13 -0500

Hi, again, Ray.

Note that the Java Web Start-launched app client container no longer
honors the policy setting option you have been specifying on the URL.
This was determined to be a security risk because code from an arbitrary
source could try to grant itself elevated permissions this way.

As for setting DBHome... You should be able to add to the query string
in the URL something like this

    prop=DBHome=correctValue

separated using an ampersand ('&') from any other argument or property
settings in the query string. This blog entry

    http://blogs.sun.com/quinn/entry/command_line_arguments_and_properties

has more details.

Could you try that and see if it gets you farther?

- Tim