users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Debugging glassfish in Eclipse

From: ludo <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:58:10 -0700

Luo Shifei wrote:
> hi,all:
>
> Eclipse Plugin for glassfish can't support local
> debug?
>
> Must we use remote debug?
>
> I think this is ugly.

I agree with that.
> Developers should have a convenience environment for
> debugging application hosted on glassfish.

Yes. We are looking for contributors in the Eclipse plugin area to
extend the feature set.

For now, NetBeans 5.5 can do that, plus offers the entire Java EE 5
developer features that Eclipse does not have.
I would qualify Nb 5.5 as " a convenient environment for *developing*
and debugging Java EE 5 applications hosted on GlassFish.

Thanks,
Ludo